Don’t be afraid to be different or daring. The risks are what make your memories more memorable! I began my journey as a wedding and portrait photographer in 2006 and the bite left behind by the portrait and wedding bug has only gotten bigger; for that I am thankful. I love documenting emotions, details, and moments. One of my greatest joys is looking at a photo and seeing the spirit of the person captured, shining through. My team and I would be honored to spend the day with you documenting your love, your family, and you. Whether you're eloping, planning a black tie affair, or meeting in the backyard garden under the setting sun, I can document and preserve your day.
A little more about Mariam: I started my education with film photography and spent three years working in the darkroom at College of the Mainland. Digital photography and the desire to shoot commercial projects captured my attention in 2007 and prompted me to move to Houston and finish my studies at the Art Institute of Houston. I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a major in Photography in 2010. Whether it's photographing babies, weddings, funky photo booths, or corporate events, I love documenting people.
Sharing is Caring, so here are a few fun facts about your photographer:
- I played bassoon growing up, as well as oboe and percussion. My most treasured memories are marching with the bass drum and playing my bassoon the rest of the year.
- My dogs are my darling children! I'm a mommy to a crazy and spunky senior mini dachshund and a senior mini poodle.
- I used to be a K-8 Art teacher, so I'm great at lesson planning and party planning for kids!
- I'm an opera lover and had the huge honor of leading an opera company as Executive Director for several years. If you've never been to an opera, you have to check it out!
- I currently serve on the Board of Directors for a sensational company, Texas New Music Ensemble. TNME features Texas based composers, and God knows I love all things TEXAS!
I'm a current member of:
PPA - Professional Photographers of America
Wedding.com Professional Members
Gallery Showings and Publications Featuring Mariam's Photographic Work:
Bayou City Art Festival Downtown 2008
foto fest - Steve R. Gregg Gallery 2008
Art On The Avenue 2009 and 2010
Art Crawl 2009 and 2010
Artopia by the Houston Press 2010
Health and Fitness Magazine Houston - Numerous Publications
Houston Magazine - Numerous Publications - Scene Section
Paper City - Numerous Publications
Houston Business Journal
The Houston Press - Numerous Publications
Broadway World - Numerous Publications